PDA

Ver la versión completa : Guardians

mmdsx
09-01-2010, 18:28
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc355/mmdsx/Guardians10012.jpg

Writer: Marc Sumerak, Artist: Casey Jones

Oh great. A one-time Marvel editor has penned a new series. You're probably thinking the same thing I was thinking when I heard about it... this was the product of some old pals looking out for a colleague. The generic title and standard sci-fi premise didn't do much to increase my interest before reading the book. But about halfway through this comic book, it was clear... Sumerak has game. Never mind the science fiction; focus on the reality of the characters. The editor turned writer has developed some powerful voices for these young characters, and Casey Jones does a great job of backing him up with some soft artwork that fosters a down-to-earth quality throughout the issue.

As a teenage boy, Vince Armstrong's powerful imagination led him, his friends and his older brother on some fun adventures and good times in the secluded woods in their suburb. A sci-fi fan, Vince saw himself as a captain leading his crew into the unknown... and then, one night, he actually became it. He and the others discover something unusual in the forest, and that discovery brings with it an opportunity to help a strange being from beyond the stars. It also brings with it reactions of disbelief from others and a loss of innocence for Vince. Now in his 20s, Vince finds his life falling apart because he has refused to let go of a belief that must have been a dream.

It's been a while since we've seen Casey Jones's name as a regular artist on a series. He did a good job of a recent fill-in job on Fantastic Four, but he outdoes himself with his work on this new property. He boasts a simple style, and his work here reminds me of Tim (Justice League Adventures) Levins's and Pedro (My Uncle Jeff) Camello's efforts. David Self's colors bring a dreamy glow to the story as well, one that reinforces the sense of wonder that's key earlier on in the book and the introspective, melancholy mood in the latter half of the story.

Imagine if your dreams came true, and no one believed you... not even the people with whom you shared those dreams. Sumerak offers up a heart-wrenching story about lost innocence. He's got the perfect audience for it as well. Comics readers, for the most part, are 20-somethings who love escapist, genre storytelling. Vince is the audience and the main character all wrapped up in one neat and well-realized package. His disillusionment is convincing and compelling.

Sumerak's story doesn't qualify as a super-hero comic, nor does it try to wallow in the conventions of the genre. It's clear that Guardians owes a lot to Star Trek. Sumerak does a great job of eliciting that Trek feel without overtly referring to Trek.

Without a strong connection to Marvel continuity, I'm not sure if Guardians will turn enough heads on comic-shop shelves so as to survive its first year. It's too bad, because this is a thoroughly accessible read that focuses on characterization above premise while still maintaining a wondrous quality that's enjoyable and endearing.

Guardians 1-5

http://www.mediafire.com/?mordzzyyqwm

DXkuack
28-08-2012, 13:02
gracias!

rosillo996
29-08-2012, 07:34
el link esta cadio, si podeis resubir hacedlo, gracias de todos modos